Whether you’re looking for a heady gift or want to treat yourself to an elevated smoke break, here are the best cannabis accessories to pick up right now
Brandt Ranj’s Most Recent Stories
- The Best Cyber Monday Deals Under $100
- These Are the Best Cyber Monday Deals Our Editors Are Shopping
- This Company Makes the Softest Sheets (and They’re 25% Off This Weekend)
- Show more sharing options
- Pin It
It’s almost 4/20, in April of 2020, which is more than enough reason to sit back, light up and celebrate.
The official pot smoking holiday — whose origins have been (incorrectly) linked to rock star death anniversaries, the police penal code, and the number of chemical compounds in the THC-rich plant — has grown from a small event on society’s fringes, to a nationally-recognized event.
Roughly 12% of adults smoke pot according to a recent poll conducted by Gallup, and 11 states have legalized it for recreational use. Many others have legalized it for medical use, and weed is currently totally prohibited in only three states. Reefer madness, it seems, is alive and well.
If you’re over the age of 21, and live in a state where weed is legal, you’ve probably got rolling papers, labeled jars, and a pocket-friendly herb grinder ready to go. There’s nothing wrong with the classics, but technology has evolved, and you can toke up more discretely and efficiently as ever. We’ve found 13 tools and accessories that can help you get high without turning your place into the set of Pineapple Express 2 (Seth, are you listening?)
The Best Cyber Monday Deals Under $100
Here’s Why Ray-Bans Are a Rock & Roll Staple (Plus: Where to Find Them Online)
All 173 of Taylor Swift’s Songs, Ranked
Chadwick Boseman: Long Live the King
It goes without saying, but be sure to understand the potential health risks that come with smoking and vaping, and enjoy responsibly if you’re of age and in a place where it’s legal. Whether you’re looking for a heady gift or just want to treat yourself to an elevated smoke break, here’s what makes our cannabis list this year.
1. LEVO II Herbal Oil Infuser
Step away from the stove, LEVO’s second-generation oil and butter infuser takes all of the guesswork out of brownies (and more).
Place your herbs in its mesh, metal pod, and prepare them with the LEVO II’s dry and activation cycles. Once they’re ready, fill the machine’s reservoir with the oil or butter of your choice, and put the pod inside. Set the cook time and temperature with buttons on the front of the LEVO II, and let the machine take over the rest. When it’s ready, the LEVO II will dispense your infused liquids, which you can use in your favorite recipes.
If you’d like to monitor its progress from outside of the kitchen, you can connect the LEVO II to your WiFi network, and download the LEVO app (available on IOS and Android). Once you’re done cooking, remove the herb pod, silicone stirrer, and reservoir to clean. All three pieces are dishwasher-safe.
If you’ve been afraid to make your own edibles because you’re afraid of screwing up main ingredient, this is a set-it-and-forget-it solution.
LEVO II Herbal Oil Infuser, $199.99, available at Amazon and $249 on Levooil.com
2. HEIR Water Pipe
Made out of thick glass and a glazed ceramic material, Heir’s water pipe is a classier way to get high. What you get: a precision-made smoking accessory with a modern design.
The pipe passes smoke through a downward stem via an eight-slotted percolator, which diffuses smoke more evenly through the water and enhances filtration. A splash guard built into the bottom of the pipe keeps water from interrupting your hit.
The pipe has a tapered design that makes it easy to hold and tilt, and it was designed for easy cleanup. You can pour water directly through the grinder, and unscrew the top piece to reveal a storage space large enough for your lighter. The HEIR gives a much-needed makeover to one of the most popular smoking devices — no more makeshift hits here.
HEIR Water Pipe, $260, available at HEIR
3. Summerland Terracotta Bong
Summerland’s Pleasure Point Terracotta Bong is handmade in California. It’s made out of lead-free, food-safe glazed ceramic, and a silicon grommet, which the company says ensures clean hits every time. Prefer something a little more luxe? The company makes the same bong in a glossy white or “marble” finish too.
Pleasure Point Terracotta Bong, $224, available at Summerland
4. Ardent Nova FX
Described by Ardent as the “easy bake oven for cannabis,” the Nova FX is a portable, all-in-one solution for making edibles.
The Nova FX’s core function is decarboxylation, a process that heats cannabis up to a set temperature to “activate” the THC. As you can see in the picture above, you’re able to pour dry herb directly into the stainless steel cavity, and decarboxylate it in under two hours. Multiple sensors inside the Nova FX keep its temperature consistent to avoid scorching your pot.
Once that process is done, you can use the activated cannabis directly in your baked goods without infusing it into butter or oil. If you prefer using “enhanced” versions of those ingredients, you can also use the Nova FX as an infuser — add your activated cannabis into a bottle filled with butter or oil, place it into its stainless steel cavity, and hit the “infuse” button.
Finally, the Nova FX can also be used as an oven to actually bake single-serving edibles by combining the ingredients in a cupcake liner, and baking them. Having all three of these functions in a single device allows you to make high-potency edibles without taking up a lot of counter or shelf space. It’s an efficient way to maximize your pleasure without sacrificing any quality.
Nova FX, $350, available at Ardent
5. A Vegan, Gluten-Free Chocolate Edibles Kit
The best part of baking with pot (besides the end result), is getting to spend time in the kitchen. If you’re not an active home cook, Marijuana Group’s Chocolate Box is a fool-proof way to make tasty, good looking treats.
The kit comes with directions, dosing recommendations, enough ingredients for eight chocolates, THC extraction supplies, and a silicon cannabis leaf mold. All of the ingredients in this kit are vegan, gluten-free, and have low sugar content, so they’re a good choice for people with many common dietary restrictions.
You can only use the ingredients in this kit once, but the recipe and tools will allow you to make additional batches if you like the way they turned out.
Music, Film, TV and Political News Coverage
Complete Guide To Marijuana Smoking Accessories
SpainWeedGuide Editorial Team
Cannabis can be enjoyed a number of different ways, including through edibles and tinctures. Though there are many methods to enjoy your goods, smoking still remains the most popular way to get high. This method also happens to have the most accessories involved with it.
What are the best marijuana smoking accessories to buy? It all depends on what you’re looking to do. You can buy:
- Smoking Devices
- Smell-Proofing Devices
- Smell-Proof Bags
- Bong Cleaning Tools
- Storage Tools
Understanding the ins and outs of cannabis smoking accessories can be a little tricky, especially if you’re green to smoking green. This complete guide will tell you what the best accessories are to have, and why you will enjoy each one.
What Are The Best Marijuana Smoking Accessories?
That’s a hard question to ask, simply because there are so many to choose from! There are so many different accessories to choose from; we actually have to break it down by category.
Marijuana Smoking Devices
The most obvious category of accessories dealing with cannabis are smoking devices. This category is downright massive and can make a huge difference in how your smoking experience goes. Popular devices include:
- Dab Rigs
- Vape Carts
What Are Bongs?
Bongs are large glass pipes that use water to filter out marijuana smoke and are fairly easy to clean. They are made to handle ground up herbs and are designed to offer intense hits. Using a bong is simple. Fill the basin up with water, light the piece which contains the cannabis, inhale through the mouthpiece, and exhale.
Many people recognize bongs as water pipes. Here’s what you need to know about bongs as a cannabis user:
- They offer great filtering. If you’re looking for a clean smoke, this is it.
- They are made of glass or silicone. Glass is standard, but silicone bongs are also available.
- You need water to make them work. This makes them good for home smoking setups.
- They can be considered drug paraphernalia. This makes them a bad travel choice as well as a poor choice for people worried about arrests in non-legal states and countries.
What Are Chillums?
Chillums are handheld pipes, also known as bowls. They can only really smoke herb. They are usually made of glass, much like bongs. Unlike bongs, they are fairly small and discreet. You use them the same way you would use a tobacco pipe.
Here’s what you need to know about chillums:
- They are cheap. You can get a chillum online for around $20.
- They are made of glass, stone, or silicone. You get a larger range of different choices as far as material.
- They are great for travel. You can literally just pack them in a case and go.
- They are ideal for small smoke sessions. Bowls are very small in most cases.
What Are One-Hitters?
One-hitters are small pipes that are most often shaped like cigarettes. As the name suggests, they are made for a single hit of weed at a time. They often come with box “dugouts” for cannabis storage and are designed for herbal use only.
Here’s what you need to know about one-hitters?
- They are cheap. Most one-hitters, even upscale ones, are under $35.
- They’re ideal for travel and discretion. In many cases, you can’t actually tell the difference between a one-hitter and a cigarette from afar.
- They are made of stone, glass, or similar materials. Quartz one-hitters are considered to be the best.
What Are Dab Rigs?
Dab rigs are a relatively new invention and are designed to work with wax or shatter. They use a blowtorch to heat up a glass piece to a critical point, which in turn, melts the wax. From there, the user smears the wax along the piece, then inhales the smoke.
Here’s what you need to know about dab rigs:
- They are very expensive. These rigs are often the most pricey of all setups, with most dab rigs being priced at several hundred dollars.
- The high from dabs is very intense. This is not a tool for people who want a light high, at all.
- You can use crystallized THC on top of wax. If you want to get blasted, this is the way to do it.
- They are not appropriate for travel and require a case. These are very large pieces, and also are made entirely of glass. They are not discreet.
Dab Rig Accessories
There are three main accessories that you should buy when using a dab rig: dabbers, dab mats, and blow torches. Here’s what you need to know:
- Buy a blow torch. You will absolutely need a blow torch in order to heat up a rig enough to smoke wax. Regular lighters will not work!
- Dabbers are a must. Dabbers are the metal sticks used to smear the wax on the hot piece. You need at least one to smoke a rig.
- Getting a dab mat is a wise decision. You don’t need a dab mat to smoke, per se, but it can help prevent burns on your surfaces.
What Are Vaporizers?
Vaporizers, not to be confused with vape pens, are specialty smoking devices that use high temperatures to vaporize the THC and terpenes in cannabis. These devices don’t burn cannabis, but rather make the important ingredients turn into vapor.
Here’s what potential buyers should know about vaporizers:
- They can work with herb, wax, and several other forms of THC. Each vaporizer has its own form of cannabis that it works with. Some even work with multiple forms of green!
- They don’t smell. Because it’s pure vapor, it doesn’t have the same pungent odor that burning cannabis does.
- They’re discreet. Most vaporizers look like regular e-cig vape boxes, making them ideal for people who want to fly under the radar.
- They are expensive but totally worth it. A vaporizer usually costs between $150 to $400. However, they are sturdy and can even let users change the heat of the vape to match your particular preferences.
What Are Vape Cartridges?
If you already have a JUUL or a similar device, you might be in luck. You might not actually need to buy anything extra. All you might need is to get the right THC cartridges for your vape pen. (Yes, they do make THC JUUL carts!)
Here’s what to know about these smokeables:
- You need a JUUL pen to work with them. JUULs are only around $40 to $50, so this is a low investment.
- They are pure THC oil. A little puff will be enough for many of us!
- There are some safety concerns about them. This makes them a bit iffy for many.
- You will need to replace your cartridges from time to time. They really aren’t any different than JUUL pods.
- They are discreet. They look like regular vape pens and have almost no smell.
Are Vape Carts Safe?
There have been hospitalizations as a result of bad THC cartridges, mostly due to them being tainted by black-market suppliers. If you do opt for these, make sure they come from an official dispensary!
What Are Genius Pipes?
Genius pipes are a blend between a vaporizer, a chillum, and a bong. They are lit using a lighter, involve multiple screens to filter out gunk, and don’t require water as a filtration unit. They’re fairly new on the market.
Here’s what you need to know:
- They are pricey but worth it. Tommy Chong is a massive fan of them. Need we say any more?
- They’re easy to clean and long-lasting. All you have to do is just turn the filter around.
- They use nuclear science. The cooling tech they use in Genius Pipes is the same as what they use in reactors.
- It’s about flavor. This is what it’s all about for them. If you really want to get the unique flavors from your weed, this is your best bet.
If you want to smoke inside your apartment, then you often will have a problem. The smell of marijuana is very recognizable and extremely potent. Having smellproofing devices can help you avoid eviction letters and police activity.
There are really only two odor-eating options available for you. The first is odor-neutralizing candles, and the other is called a “Smoke Buddy.” Scented candles mask the smell of cannabis and need to be lit before you start smoking.
Smoke Buddies are handheld devices that you exhale into. The device has a built-in filter that makes it possible to get rid of the smell and prevent the smoke from entering your home. That said, you can still have odors leaked from the smoke that comes from burning marijuana inside your home.
Wraps and Rolling Trays
If you’ve ever rolled a joint, then you already know what wraps are. They are papers that are made for people who want to roll their own “cannabis cigarette.” Wraps, also known as rolling papers or blunt wraps, are easy to use as long as you know how to roll your own.
Unlike chillums, bongs, and one-hitters, smoking joints made from wraps will require a little more cannabis. Therefore, it’s a little less cost-effective and may not be the best option for people who are on a tight budget.
There are several different types of wraps you can choose from:
- Rolling Papers/Blunt Wraps. These are the most common and are also the most affordable. You need to be able to roll your own if you want to buy these,
- Pre-Rolled Joints. These wraps are already rolled for you and come with a filter at the tip. They’re great for newbies and are slightly more expensive.
You can get both flavored and unflavored wraps. You also can get organic hemp wraps, clear wraps, and colored wraps. So, there’s a lot to choose from.
Do I Need A Rolling Tray?
Though you can always roll your own joint using a book, a magazine, or even a plate, many people prefer the help of a rolling tray. This is a simple tray that lets you store your wraps and cannabis, but also has a nice little nook where you can roll joints with ease.
Many wrap companies will throw in a free-rolling tray as part of a gift set, so if you get a large order, you might get one for free.
Should I Get A Roach Clip?
If you are a fan of getting every last puff of your joint, you probably might want to invest in a roach clip. A roach clip is a device that uses tiny pincers to hold a joint, giving you a closer than ever smoke.
You can get them disguised as a necklace, or you can get them in a plain format. Either way, it’s a good option to have if you’re a regular joint smoker.
As a cannabis consumer, the worry about discretion is always there. This is especially true when you’re carrying around other marijuana accessories or when you’re toting herb in a place that doesn’t allow for it. Smell-proof bags help reduce the scent of cannabis and accessories while you travel.
Smell-proof bags come in a variety of different sizes and shapes, all based on what purpose you have for them. These include:
- Drug Baggies. Cannabis needs to be stored somewhere. Smell-proof baggies make it possible to carry your goods around. These are typically small plastic bags and sell for $20 or less per pack.
- Smell-Proof Padded Pipe Carrying Cases. If you have a bong, a chillum, a dab rig, or any other smoking device, getting a padded smell-proof bag or case to hold and transport your goods is a must. These are more expensive than typical backpacks, but they are worth it.
What Should I Look For In Smell-Proof Bags?
This all depends on what type of bags you’re looking to buy. For the most part, plastic drug baggies are generally the same quality across the board. So, buying small baggies for your cannabis shouldn’t be an issue.
The bigger issue comes with finding smell-proof bags for toting your cannabis devices on the go, or when it comes to finding bags for larger quantities of your herb. When seeking out a cannabis bag, make sure to look for these things:
- It’s labeled as smell-proof. No, you can’t carry around your bong in your backpack and expect people not to smell it. Most bags simply aren’t designed to contain the potent aroma of ganja. The labeling tells you everything you need to know in terms of smell proofing.
- It has padding. Padding has two perks. First, it keeps any glassware you may have in the bag safe. Second, the padding can also help absorb smells from your goods.
- The stitching on the bag and the bag’s material are solid. Nothing is worse than a bag that rips and sends your items flying!
- It doesn’t look like a cannabis bag. Don’t be the stoner who makes the mistake of carrying their gear in a massive bag that is covered in cannabis leaves. It’s not just a tacky (depending on who you ask) look; it’s a very incriminating one. You want to keep things discreet, even in legal states. Both police and lowlifes will notice your paraphernalia and lock you as a target if you do this. So, keep it upscale and plain.
If you smoke joints on a regular basis, then you are going to need somewhere to ash your joints. An ashtray, just like the ones used for cigarette smokers, can work well here. These usually cost anywhere from $6 to $15, depending on the design.
If you have a chillum pipe, then you might want to check out Poke-A-Bowl ashtrays. These are ashtrays that are fitted with a specialized poker that can help you clear out caked-up residue from your bowl. They’re a little more pricey, but they’re worth it.
Bong And Pipe Cleaning Tools
Speaking of clearing out residue, it’s important to remember that your cannabis smoking devices will need to be cleaned once in a while. Not cleaning your wares can cause the flavor of the pipe to sour, or can even make it difficult to smoke.
So, having some tools that can help you keep things clean is a must. These items can span a number of different categories.
Do I Need Pipe Cleaners?
Pipe cleaners (similar to the ones you used in preschool crafts) are essential to keeping most pipes, chillums, bongs, and one-hitters clean. They come in a wide range of different sizes, have bendable bodies, and are generally considered to be must-haves.
The good news about pipe cleaners is that they are relatively cheap. A large, high-quality set will only set you back about $20 and will last you for at least a year.
Do I Need Pipe Cleaning Solvents?
Though you could always use Formula 409 on glassware, most cannabis smokers tend to prefer using specialty cleaning solvents for their glassware. Solvents like Formula 420 or Orange Chronic Cleaner are designed to make it easier to get rid of residue and grime thanks to their unique formulas.
These specialty cleaners can cost anywhere from $15 to $35, but they tend to get the job done faster and also are more thorough. If your smoking sessions have been tasting rather foul, they really work wonders.
Do I Need Sponges?
A regular sponge is a great way to clean out ashtrays, but it’s not always necessary. It’s up to you to decide if you want to use one.
Do I Need Pokers?
If you have a chillum or a pipe, that’s a yes. Pokers will help loosen up residue. That said, you can get an ashtray that pokes your bowl too.
Grinders are specialty tools that are designed to grind up your herb in order to make it easier to smoke. They usually have multiple levels and use built-in teeth to grind up the herbs. You usually just need to place the herb inside the grinder and twist it to get your goods ground up.
Most grinders are also used for storing cannabis, especially fine powder that can result from grinding called kief. The majority are stainless steel, but you can also find them in titanium and aluminum.
Depending on the make and brand, a grinder can cost anywhere from $5 to $45. That being said, you can always go for cheaper grinders and still have good results.
Do I Need A Grinder?
For the most part, if you’re looking to smoke herb, a grinder is a great investment to have. It makes breaking apart nuggets easier on your hands, and also gives you a great place to store your herb without fear of spillage.
If you don’t smoke straight herb, you probably don’t need a grinder. That being said, most people do and therefore should strongly consider buying one.
What About Grinder Pens?
If you’re not a fan of old fashioned manual grinders, you might want to check out grinder pens. These are electronic handheld grinders that break apart your herb for you with the switch of a button. They also release the herb via a funnel, which makes for easier rolling.
These can be pricey, and they sometimes have quality issues. That said, there are plenty of people who swear by them.
When you have all your accessories in one place, it can be difficult to make your storage work out for you. Thankfully, there are tools for that. These include:
- Padded Bong Cases. Though not always smell-proof, these will keep your glassware safe. They are a great investment if you have an expensive piece and want to keep things safe, or if you’re accident-prone.
- Cannadors. Cannadors are the cannabis version of a cigar humidor. They keep your cannabis at an optimized humidity level, which keeps it fresher for longer.
- Vacuum Containers. A step above most cannadors, these are storage jars and boxes that are airtight, smell-proof, and designed to lock in freshness.
- Stash Boxes. While most of the other storage devices are pretty clear about their use, stash boxes aren’t. These are boxes that are made to be disguised as other items like cans, books, or even coffee tumblers.
What Are Padded Bong Cases?
Padded bong cases are made to store and keep safe water pipes or similar smoking equipment during transportation. They aren’t always smell-proof, but they are always designed with safety in mind.
An upscale padded bong case or bong bag can cost anywhere from $50 to $150, depending on whether it’s a hard shell or “soft” case. Generally speaking, hard shell bong cases are pricier, but also are safer for your gear. Most hard shell cases can also be locked, which is an added perk.
What Are Cannadors?
If you’ve ever smoked a fine cigar, chances are you’ve seen a humidor. Cannadors are basically humidors for cannabis. They are made of fine wood, often have glass jars inside of them and also have nooks for all the tiny accessories that come with a good smoke.
A cannador is not, by any means, a necessary item. However, those who are serious about their smoking habits often find it to be the best way to store weed. A good cannador can go for anywhere from $20 to $100, depending on the size, wood type, and quality.
What Are Vacuum Containers?
Vacuum containers are airtight jars that are made strictly for cannabis storage use, especially when it comes to large quantities of weed. They are best used for long term storage (more than six months at a time) and are great for transporting goods.
A typical vacuum container will cost anywhere from $10 to $30 per jar or set. Of course, many cannabis growers also just use regular mason jars with locking lids for this purpose. So if you want to try that route, you absolutely can.
What Are Stash Boxes?
Stash boxes are a classic component of cannabis culture, and they were invented from necessity. They were made to help hide cannabis and cannabis supplies in case of getting searched, and have helped save thousands from incarceration.
For the most part, stash boxes tend to look like regular household items or books. Many are also airtight, which makes them ideal for hiding rather potent cannabis. Due to the fact that they’re disguised as household items, most stash boxes aren’t larger than an energy drink can.
Do I Need A Stash Box?
If you are concerned about people finding your goods or are worried about being caught with illicit goods, a stash box is an excellent way to store everything. Even if you’re in a legal state, a stash box offers up a lot of discretion.
Do I Need A Locking Storage Container?
Most storage device genres will have models that include a locking mechanism, and truthfully, it’s worth the splurge. A lock will help you ensure that nosy people stay out and that your goods will be less likely to be stolen.
Not too long ago, people were still new to all the different ways hemp and cannabis could be consumed.. Read more…
Marihuana Accessories. Discover the best weed accessories for dabbing, vaping, storing and more.