8 Best Marijuana Strains to Ease Anxiety and Stress From Coronavirus
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is causing anxiety and stress among many Arizonans. Fortunately, there are some marijuana strains perfect for easing anxiety and stress. Many of the cannabis strains listed below are popular at dispensaries throughout the U.S., which means many Arizona dispensaries regularly carry these strains.
- Strawberry Cough is great for anxiety. It will help to relax the mind and body. Also, if a cold or congestion is lurking through the body,it’s also a great decongestant.
- Jack Herer is named after its creator and is one of the most well-known strains in the world. This is a high THC strain, which isn’t typically suggested for anxiety sufferers, but this strain possesses other cannabinoids that keep anxiety in check. The calming effects of this strain come from one of the parents, Northern Lights. If Jack Herer isn’t available, look for Northern Lights.
- Granddaddy Purple is a daytime indica that helps multiple conditions and keeps the body going. Once chores are done, indulge a little more and the day’s anxieties drift away. This strain is ideal for generating a peaceful calm throughout the body. It’s also an ideal strain for stress, pain, insomnia and depression.
- Cannatonic is a high CBD strain that contains the terpene myrcene which helps the body relax and reduces anxiety. When reducing anxiety is a top priority and keeping a clear head is a must, a high CBD strain should be the strain of choice. If Cannatonic is not an option, look for other high-CBD strains such as Harlequin, Canna-Tsu or Harle-Tsu.
- Girl Scout Cookies is a strain typically above 20% THC, so a little goes a long way. Using too much might lead to a big snack and a nap. Minor aches and pains, even depression, are no match for this strain.
- Blue Dream is one of the most popular marijuana strains in the U.S. It is a hybrid with multiple uses, including stress relief. This is not for someone that also experiences anxiety as it is a high THC strain and may induce some anxiety or paranoia. It has a citrus aroma and flavor, and should be used in small doses since it is often potent.
- AK-47 is a hybrid that helps relax the mind and body. Mellow is a common feeling described after using AK-47. Although the effects help relieve stress, it also helps the mind stay alert so that participating in conversations is still an option. It’s not a super potent strain, but is enough to help the body and mind relax enough to forget that stress was trying to ruin the day.
- Super Sour Diesel is a potent hybrid that tackles stress quickly. The effects come on quick and can tend to stick around for a while. Creativity will increase, stress will decrease and “going with the flow” will seem easier. If Super Sour Diesel isn’t a menu option then seek out Sour Diesel as it will be similar and help reduce stress and lighten moods.
Contact your local dispensary to see if they carry any of these strains.🌿 Find Arizona marijuana information and news. Find AZ marijuana dispensaries, doctors, laws, events, news, and more. ]]>