How to make Cannabutter
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- ½ cup water (add more water at any time if needed)
- 7 ground weed
Step by step
- Before Starting: Decarb your weed – Learn how to do
- Step 1: Add ½ cup of water and 2 sticks (½ lb) of butter in a saucepan and bring to a simmer on low to medium heat. Adding water helps to regulate the temperature and prevents the butter from scorching. As butter begins to melt, add in ground weed.
- Step 2: Maintain low heat and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Make sure the mixture never comes to a full boil.
- Step 3: Pour the hot mixture into a glass container, using a cheesecloth to strain out all ground weed from the butter mixture. Squeeze or press the plant material to get as much liquid out of the weed as possible. Discard leftover weed.
- Step 4: Cover and refrigerate remaining liquid overnight or until the butter is fully hardened. Once hardened, the butter will separate from the water, allowing you to lift the cannabutter out of the container. Discard remaining water after removing the hardened cannabutter.
- The cannabutter in the container should have a slightly green tinge from the cannabis. Now you are ready to make some cannabis-infused meals!
Eat a small amount at a time, and wait an hour or more between doses.
Eat real food before you try an edible.
Remember that eating weed edibles is much stronger than smoking it.
Be aware that edibles can take up to an hour to kick in.
If you get anxious, try to stay calm. Nobody has ever overdosed from edibles.
Don’t eat pot food too quickly. Start small and low.
Don’t get dehydrated, make sure to drink water.
Don’t try to get as high as possible. It’s not a competition.
Don’t take edibles food with empty stomach.
How to make edibles? This edible dosage calculator will help you to cook and dose cannabis edibles. We show you all of the steps to make your edibles.
Cannabutter BUD vs Butter Ratio
I’ve looked all over this site and alot of places on the internet including YouTube and it seems that everyone makes Cannabutter the same, but the ratios are so inconsistant. I have plenty of Bubba Kush BUDS that I want to use. No stems or shake just BUDS and 1 pound of butter. Does anyone have a solid ratio of how much BUD to add to 1 pound of Butter?
Here is the inconsistant information I have found all over the internet. Which do you think would be the best choice. I’m just looking for something I can spread on Toast or add to my food. Any consistant information would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for making it look like a something you found on an exam LOL!
I've looked all over this site and alot of places on the internet including YouTube and it seems that everyone makes Cannabutter the same, but the ratios…