How to Make an Apple Pipe
Last Updated: November 18, 2020 References
wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 70 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.
This article has been viewed 2,184,386 times.
Are you tired of smoking out of the same thing over and over again? If so, try creating an apple pipe! These DIY bongs are incredibly easy to make and will add some sweet variety to your blazing sessions.
Every day at wikiHow, we work hard to give you access to instructions and information that will help you live a better life, whether it’s keeping you safer, healthier, or improving your well-being. Amid the current public health and economic crises, when the world is shifting dramatically and we are all learning and adapting to changes in daily life, people need wikiHow more than ever. Your support helps wikiHow to create more in-depth illustrated articles and videos and to share our trusted brand of instructional content with millions of people all over the world. Please consider making a contribution to wikiHow today.
Are you tired of smoking out of the same thing over and over again? If so, try creating an apple pipe! These DIY bongs are incredibly easy to make and will add some sweet variety to your blazing sessions. Get an apple and a pen. This pipe…
How to make an apple pipe
Copy article link to clipboard.
Link copied to clipboard.
- What is an apple pipe?
- How do you make an apple pipe?
- Why should I make an apple pipe?
What is an apple pipe?
An apple pipe — sometimes called an apple bong — is a homemade pipe constructed from an apple that is used to smoke cannabis. Apple pipes are considered one of the healthier options for DIY smoking devices, especially when compared to constructing pipes of tin foil or soda cans. Discreet and inexpensive, the apple pipe is a favorite among cannabis consumers who have no papers or glass pipes on hand, want to easily dispose of consumption evidence, or don’t want to go through the hassle of cleaning a traditional device. Read on to learn how to make your own apple pipe.
How do you make an apple pipe?
Crafting an apple pipe may seem complex, but in just a few simple steps you will soon be smoking cannabis out of your own healthy fruit.
Here’s what you’ll need to make and use a classic apple pipe:
- an apple
- a toothpick
- a clean screwdriver or chopstick
- a lighter
Assemble the necessary supplies. Photo by: Gina Coleman/Weedmaps
1. Remove the apple stem, making sure to remove the entire stem down to its base. This divot in the apple will serve as your bowl.
2. Use your screwdriver or chopstick to poke a hole across the center of the apple. One hole will function as the base for your mouthpiece while the other will function as the carb.
3. Use your toothpick to poke a few holes in the top of the apple far enough to intersect with the hole you just made through the center of the apple. This will allow air to flow from the bowl to the mouthpiece without letting flower fall through.
Pack the top with your favorite cannabis strain. Photo by: Gina Coleman/Weedmaps
4. Do a test run and inhale through the hole you’ve chosen to be your mouthpiece to ensure air can flow through properly.
5. Pack the top of the apple with weed.
6. Place your mouth on the hole you’ve chosen to be your mouthpiece and cover the other hole with your free hand as you light the weed in the bowl.
7. Inhale and enjoy.
Hold the apple in one hand with your finger covering the carb and use your other hand to light the greens, pulling the hit through the hole near the bottom of the apple. Photo by: Gina Coleman/Weedmaps
Why should I make an apple pipe?
Apple pipes are well-known for their discretion and easy disposal characteristics. Apples are also incredibly inexpensive and make for a good substitute when rolling papers or a personal pipe aren’t available or accessible. Cannabis consumers also don’t lose THC resin to glass in the same way as a traditional pipe, so you get more THC bang for your buck and don’t have to deal with the hassle of cleaning your pipe after use. Finally, you theoretically could eat the apple once you’re done smoking — though we wouldn’t recommend it.
How to make an apple pipe Copy article link to clipboard. Link copied to clipboard. Contents What is an apple pipe? How do you make an apple pipe? Why should I make an